The role of Cyprus in the international business world has increased dramatically due to the numerous benefits it has to offer; Cyprus is now considered one of the most favoured jurisdictions in Europe from which to conduct international business.
Cyprus attracts investors and entrepreneurs from around the globe who aim to develop their companies, and run their international commercial and financial operations through Cyprus.
These investors are involved in sectors such as high technology, research and development, tourism, commerce, real estate and business related services.
As a full member of the European Union since 2004, Cyprus has been established as a prestigious, stable and attractive jurisdiction. Although Cyprus is a low tax jurisdiction, is not a “tax haven”, and due to its favourable tax regime and the wide network of tax treaties it has attracted businesses from around the globe to establish International Business Companies with the purpose of carrying and monitoring their international business operations.
In Cyprus, professional business services are rendered at the highest standards. The results are high quality, cost effective consultancy services and continuous support to professionals worldwide.
• Corporate income tax rate of 12.5%
• No taxation of capital gains (except for disposal of real estate in Cyprus or shares of company holding real estate in Cyprus)
• Access to EU directives (e.g. Parent-Subsidiary)
• Extensive double tax treaty network with over 60 countries
• No withholding taxes on Dividends, Interest and Royalties
• Tax-relief for group losses can be claimed
• No Controlled Foreign Company (CFC) rules
• Foreign tax relief on income subject to both Cypriot and overseas tax
• Attractive Intellectual Property regime (effective corporate tax rate 2,5%)
• No tax on dividends, interest and rental income of non-domiciled individuals
• Advance Tax rulings from Income Tax Office